CCPIT Mediation Center
The Mediation Center of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT)/China Chamber of International Commerce (CCOIC)，(hereinafter referred to as the “Mediation Center”) is a standing organization dedicated to helping Chinese/foreign disputants to resolve disputes arising out of commercial and maritime transactions. Since its establishment in 1987 in Beijing, the Mediation Center has set up more than 40 sub-centers, forming a mediation network covering all of China. The Mediation Center has established joint centers and very close relationship with major dispute settlement organizations all over the world, providing service of resolving disputes between Chinese and foreign parties.
The Mediation Center accepts cases in accordance with the mediation clause between the parties. In the absence of such an agreement, the Mediation Center could accept a case if an Application of Mediation is filed by one party and the consent of the other party to mediate is obtained. In the process of mediation, the mediator shall respect the autonomy of the parties, respect the terms of the mediation agreement, abide by the law, follow international practice, and adhere to the principles of objectivity, fairness and equitability, to encourage mutual understanding and accommodation between the parties for them to reach a settlement agreement, and help the parties to develop a lasting cooperative relationship and long-term interests.
Mediation follows the principle of people-orientation, consultation on the basis of equality and idea of win-win model. Today, with the society sparking honest operation and being harmonious, as a helpful complement to litigation and arbitration, mediation has certain prominent characteristics, such as being efficient and time-saving, confidential and flexible, easily-acceptable, and cost-saving. It is growing in popularity and has been adopted by more and more Chinese and foreign parties.
Joint Mediation Centers
● US-China Business Mediation Center
● Italy-China Business Mediation Center
● Beijing-Hamburg Mediation Center
● China-South Korea Business Dispute Mediation Center
● CCBC-CCPIT Joint Mediation Center
● CCOIC-WTCM Mediation Center
● CCPIT-HKMC Joint Mediation Center
Mediation Cooperation Organizations
● The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
● Hong Kong Mediation Center
● Singapore International Arbitration Centre
● Hellenic Mediation and Arbitration Centre
● Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA)
● Lebanese Chinese Business Association
● China-Arabian Joint Mediation Center
● China-ASEAN Joint Mediation Center